Friday, January 9, 2009

51 & still growing up

Today, someone took the time to confront me bec. I had offended the person. I hadn't realized that what I had done was offensive and it was brought to my attention in a calm manner. I wasn't told, "You offended me", but the way the conversation went made a light go off in my head. I had made an assumption based on little information and ended up being judgmental. It was so wrong on so many levels!

I am so grateful that the person separated me from what I had done, took the time to confront me, and forgave me for being wrong, judgmental and, in truth, unkind.

So, the air is "clean", the relationship is in tact, and I've learned a valuable lesson.

I pray this doesn't happen again ~ but, if it does, I pray I will be confronted as I was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment