Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

At my age (51), I don't stay up to welcome in the new year. Since it'll be here whether or not I stay up, I'd rather sleep!

Dave had planned to leave the house about 8:00 AM, but he slept later than planned. By the time he was all packed & had eaten breakfast, it was nearly 9:30. I had to take him over to the shop bec. he needed my help to move the axles on the trailer. After packing up his office, he left to drive to Nashville. He'll be home on 1/10.

(Side note: Right now, Cartoon Network is running a Looney Toons marathon. The one when Bugs goes to a witch's house on Halloween is playing. It has always cracked me up when the witch moves quickly & hair pins are left floating in the air. Sadly, the witch reminds me of someone ~ in appearance.)

After getting home, I did my nails & then crocheted while watching old movies (1934-36). The cleaners came today, even though it's a holiday. I'm just as glad to have them come. It always is nice to the house get the once over every couple of weeks. A few hours into the afternoon, I gave Dave a call, just to find out where he was. He'd just crossed over into Kansas. I told him I'd let him get back to his story & he said he'd rather talk to me. I told him I'd better hang up before I started crying. Too late ~ I cried. I told him that I should be over this ~ crying when he goes out of town. We've been married so long (27+ years) that I should be able to just deal with it in stride.

Dave is so understanding! He knows it's bec. I'm still adjusting to not being able to go, that this is just for a season in our lives. We just aren't spending the time together that we have in the past. And, we both cherish the time we have together. He'll be home for a couple of weeks before leaving for San Diego. I am grateful for that.

It will be interesting to see what this new year brings. God is so good to us! We are blessed with a home, wonderful relationships with our family, satisfying work, and so much more. I never cease to marvel at His mercy and grace in our lives. Whatever we have, whatever we do is bec. of Him ~ we are nothing on our own. I pray that my life will bring honor & glory to Him. That when I am gone, I will leave a legacy of faithfulness. That others will know how very grateful I am for salvation. I pray that there will be no doubt that I love my Lord. I pray that my children, daughters-in-love & grandchildren will always walk with God. I pray they know how very much I love them, pray for them & enjoy them. If this were to be my last year on earth, I pray that it will bring glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment