Sunday, December 13, 2009

decisions, changes & trailer toffee ...

Since I'm on FaceBook so much, I tend to forget about blogging. Oh well.

The pace of life is ever moving ~ changing direction ~ swirling like a dust devil @ times. More & more, I am learning to look for ~ sometimes create ~ moments of quiet ... time with Father. I'd go absolutely bonkers if I didn't slow down from time to time.

Last month, I spent 2 wks in TX with the folks. Aunt Deloras (Dad's baby sister) visited for 8 days, so I was there to help with meals, driving, etc. It was such a joy to be there ~ spend time with the folks as they read Scripture, prayed, worshiped spontaneously. Dad's cancer continues to invade their lives ~ he is getting weaker &, since I've come home, requires increased pain meds. Dan, Laura & Jacob arrive there tomorrow night. I don't know if Dave & I will get to be there before Dad goes Home. We continue to trust Father for His perfect timing.

As a result of my undefined schedule, I'm no longer working @ Edible Arrangements. I certainly understand that they need someone who will simply be there ~ not wondering if I'll call in & dash off to TX. So, I'm among the ranks of the unemployed ~ again. Thankfully, the Lord provides for us thru Dave's job & I don't have to work. We'll wait until later to see what Father wants me to do.

This gives me time @ home to get projects done, laundry & care for my family. I am enjoying the time. Father is so gracious to me!

On the fun side, Diane ~ my fabulous neighbor ~ brought over a bit of Trailer Toffee for us. It was gone in a flash! When I called her, one of the boys answered. I said, "Tell your mom I want the recipe." When Diane called back, she was laughing bec. he told her, "Miss Deb called and said she wants the rest of it." So, here's "The Rest of It" for Trailer Toffee:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trailer Toffee

Preheat oven to 400°.

You need:
1 cookie sheet
35 saltines
1/2 C butter
1/2 C brown sugar
2 C (16 oz) chocolate chips
1 C chopped nuts (your choice!)

Here's what you do:

Spread 35 saltines out on cookie sheet

Combine butter and brown sugar in sauce pan. Boil 3 min. Pour brown sugar mixture over crackers & spread out to cover them.

Bake @ 400° for 7 min. Spread 16 oz (2 C) chocolate chips on top (I like dark chocolate). Sprinkle chopped nuts over part or all of chocolate (almonds, pecans …). Put in fridge until cool. Break into pieces & serve, gift, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try that. Without the nuts for my non-nutty husband of course... :)

    ReplyDelete