Thursday, January 15, 2009

You might be locked out

My frustration (read yesterday's post) hit an all time high last night when I was trying to get the front door knob changed. Banging away, making lots of noise & no one came to help me. In my frustration, I finally let someone "have it" bec. he was just sitting in the living room. "Why didn't you ask for help?" was the response. "Why should I have to ASK for help?! You could plainly hear I was having trouble." So, he came & showed me what was wrong & I fixed it (get that? I fixed it!). Then, I found out that I had put the door latch in backwards. I was too frustrated do anything about it, so I changed it this morning. Then, I changed out the garage door knob & bolt.

So, I got the new door knobs & bolts on the front & garage doors. I had bought a "project kit" that had identical sets so they are all keyed the same. It came with 4 keys, but I still needed to get 3 more made. If you have an old key, throw it away & make sure you get a new one. Otherwise, you might be locked out!

Now I can move on to a new frustration. Oh, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment