Friday, February 13, 2009

Confirmation ...

Last night, the Lord confirmed my decision to quit the job was the right. It became very evident that I need to be available for Joe. Right now, he is in a fragile state, so knowing that I am available at all times provides hope & comfort for him.

As I've thought thru yesterday's event, I am grateful that I didn't leave out of anger. While I did become angry before leaving (in the process of trying to clear things up), my reasons for leaving were based on principle. The anger left quickly & I'm at peace. I did have to go in today to pick up CDs that I'd forgotten to take with me, but that wasn't an issue for me. However, from body language & vocal indicators, it was apparent to me that she was still upset/put out about the situation. It grieves my heart that it wasn't viewed/received as a learning situation. It was my responsibility (obligation?) to bring the issues to her attention ~ & I tried to do it as graciously & clearly as I could. It was not my responsibility for how it was received (or rejected), so I can (have) move on. And, in talking with people who really know me, there has been confirmation that I handled the situation correctly ~ & I am thankful that these people tell me the truth, never patronizing or glossing over anything. If I were wrong, they would tell me!

Living in peace is so much better than in turmoil. Even when there is turmoil all around, inner peace provides stability, calm & clarity. I am full of gratitude, peace, joy, calm & confidence. It's like a delightful hot bath & all I am doing is soaking in it! Ah-h-h-h-h.

No comments:

Post a Comment