Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Breath Mint Marketing

Saturday night was the closing session of Christian Bookseller Expo at the Dallas Convention Center. We had brought Dave's folks ~ to spend time with us & see the event. It was a wonderful evening!

Just before the end of the event, I asked Mom Hash if she had a breath mint. She dug around in her purse, but came up empty. I saw a young woman standing in the aisle beside mix world. The music was loud (Nicole C. Mullen), so I got very close & said, "You don't know me, but do you have a breath mint?" Laughing, she brought a little box out of her purse & handed it to me. I popped a mint in my mouth & handed the box back to her.

As I stood behind Dave at mix world ~ thankful for the mint ~ the young woman asked, "Are you with the production company?" When I told her I am, she said, "I need to talk to you ..."

Right after the music stopped & people began to leave, Vikki Wells said they (Thelma Wells Ministry) had a venue donated to them four weeks ago for an event to be held on May 22nd. They needed a production company ~ fast! They had already gotten two bids, but wanted to talk to Dave about getting a bid from us. Dave & I talked with her & then I sent her to talk to our friend Chris who had been the producer of the bookseller expo & she knew. On my way out of the arena, I overheard Chris tell Vikki, "It's not about the equipment. It's about the people who operate the equipment. When I started working on this event, I knew immediately that I wanted to talk to Dave." What a blessing! (The fact that his wife is my very best friend had nothing to do with it ~ seriously! Nothing!)

On Monday evening, "the money man" called Dave to discuss what they wanted. He had been ready to make a decision, but waited to talk to Dave because Vikki had called him & told him, "You need to talk to this guy!!!" After getting the info needed, Dave stayed up & put a bid together.

Yesterday, Dave got a call from Vikki & "the money man" ~ we got the job!

"Coincidentally", just before we started the bookseller expo, a client had called to say they had to cancel their event ~ on May 22nd.

Yeah ... that's why I'm calling it Breath Mint Marketing.

2 comments:

  1. Deb!

    You are too much! I loved the post! I love to hear about the Messiah moving among "business people" in Him.
    What an absolutely "anointed" move of God in your midst!

    Now Deb, just think, He's showing you right now and waiting to do we He likes do to do most--taking something like a little breath mint to bring Him on the scene. In every other area of your family,there is nothing too hard for Him to do!You have a great testimony building here.Victories are ahead of you.

    THE FRAGRANCE of the BREATH of the Bride IS LIKE THE SCENT OF APPLES! [Song of Songs 7:9b]

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! Good to hear from you....
    Have a blessed Shabbat!
    He is walking among us! :)
    Shirah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...That's awesome.

    You can rearrange your page in the options section. :)

    ReplyDelete