Monday, April 27, 2009

Today ...

It's been so long since I've blogged. I've been on FaceBook a lot ~ snippets aren't the same, though.

Our trip to TX over the Easter wkend was sweet & tender. The folks rented a house on a lake for all of us (15!) to stay for two nights while we talked about Dad's prognosis & they (Dad, Mom, Lori, David & Dan) made decisions about Dad's care, treatment, future plans, etc. We had lots of fun together as well as times of worship, tears, eating, & celebrated our relationship with Dad. Everyone wrote a letter to Dad & read it to him while we were all together. More precious memories made!

The son of one of the mission founders interviewed Dad & one of the other founders. He's put a video together from those interviews: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4926507/13122101 which provides history, context & shows the faithfulness of God. I am grateful someone took this on & made it happen.

Joe & I drove down & back, taking 2 days to get there & one to get home. It was good to have him to help drive & it gave us time to talk. He & Dave had a real good talk while at the lake ~ connections & understanding. I am so grateful for Father's tender care of Joe through David!

This past week I drove to Scottsdale with Dave. I was supposed to drive the big rig down by myself & Dave was to meet me there, flying in from Atlanta, but he had miscalculated the dates & got off the plane in Denver so we could drive together. Although I didn't attend the event, it was good to be there to pray for them & spend quiet time reading & playing with Cali. It was warm, breezy, quiet at the resort. Such a blessing to be there.

While there, I read So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore. I had gotten it for Dave to read while he was on vacation in Feb. & he insisted that I read it before he passes it on to someone else. It clearly speaks to where we are ~ have been ~ for the past 4-5 years regarding attending church. I've ordered the book to be sent to my dad for him to read. I don't expect him to like it, but I know he'll read it & then we can have a couple of conversations about it.

Dave has had a terrible cold/congestion & the snoring has been incredibly loud! In fact, on the drive down to Scottsdale we stayed at a motel & the guest in the room next to us pounded on the wall to get Dave to stop snoring. He didn't even hear it, so he didn't wake up. I had earplugs in & still couldn't sleep, staying awake/working on my computer until 4:30 AM. I am praying this is over soon so we can both get rest!

So, today I am resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment