Sunday, March 1, 2009

Home again

I had a wonderful time with Jean in Franklin! She is truly my dearest friend in the world! We laughed, cried, ate, shopped (oh yeah! love shopping!), had a glass of wine with dinner, ate supper @ the local Irish pub, saw old friends, made some new friends.

Came home last night. My flight out of Nashville was delayed nearly 2 hrs. bec. of mechanical problems. I thought it was due to the bad weather in Atlanta. Since that wasn't the case, I missed my connect to Denver. BUT, Delta had taken care of that & I flew into Denver about 11 PM. Dave (& Cali) picked me up & we were home before midnight.

Cali was a bit stinky, so I gave her a bath, then I took a shower (she peed on me in the truck ~ just a bit over-excited). The water wasn't very warm, but I figured the boys had showered & used it up. NOT SO! This morning, Dave asked if the pilot light had gone out. I went down to check & there is water on the floor ~ bottom of the water heater rusted out! Thankfully, we have a fabulous plumber & he's coming in the morning @ 8:30 to replace it.

So, a day of relaxing, sitting beside Dave, holding hands. It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Shalom Deb! Welcome home!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blogsite! I enjoyed your recent blog on your trip. It really makes the reader to have wanted to join you and your friend for dinner :)! Through your writing Deb, you convey such a happy and blessed life and disposition even when things go a little haywire. I am following your blog!
    It ministers! I found your blog by cruising through Sharon Wilbur's blogspot.
    I do live in the U.S. I have posted a new blog March 1 on Growing out of our comfort zones...visit anytime when you get a chance!

    -Shirah http:www.shmoozenwithshirah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete