Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A sense of accomplishment!

The garage is almost done. Arthur said he'll paint the floor for me ~ since he has experience from doing it at the shop. I'll clean the floor well so it's easier for him to do & the paint will last longer.

The handyman that I hired last week got some great things done! The old, weary, leaning awning structure off the back porch got taken down!!! He also took down the old (8-10 years?) satellite dish & then made the step I tried to do last summer. With the "Welcome" stepping stone in it, it looks wonderful! What a blessing to have these things done & crossed off the list!

The sofa bed is reupholstered! YEAH!!! It looks great, if I do say so myself (& I do!). After getting the cover stapled on, I unstapled the seat back & put 2 layers of batting on & then restapled the seat back cover. It looks much better now ~ the old fabric texture was telegraphing thru the new fabric, but the batting took care of that problem. The cushions were a bit troublesome, but with the help of fabric glue, I was able to get them together & then sew the seams. It's not perfect, but it does look very nice.



No more projects until after our trip to TX. Dave has a job down there on Sat., so we'll drive down, leaving Thur. afternoon. That means I need to start getting things ready to go ... oil change for the pick up, laundry, audio books, etc. I want to get the office painted & the sofa bed up there, but that will have to wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment