Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Changes ...

Last week I faced major revelations about myself & my marriage. Still processing it all & adjusting. That's the thing with growing ~ there's always changes to deal with & they aren't all pleasant/easy. Still have my "moments", but am learning to process & make the necessary changes.

I also colored my hair after a year of "embracing the gray". The package said "auburn brown". It should have said "funky burgundy"! I'm getting lots of compliments on it, but it's really red! Almost copper. Weird. Hopefully it will fade a bit. I'm also letting my hair grow out ~ tired of the "pulling hair out by the roots" look & having hair glue on everything I lean against.

The office/guest room has been painted new colors. Yeah for "oops" paints @ the hardware store! Only $10 for 2 colors & they weren't used up! Now to get the furniture back in place.

The $85 sofa bed is newly recovered with fabric that was only $115. Still, that's a great bargain. I will get a new ($200) mattress for it before anyone sleeps on it. Once the furniture is in place in the office, we can put the sofa bed up there. The free chair is only half recovered with fabric that was only $5/yard. Hope to have that done next week.

Yesterday I helped my neighbor finish recovering one of two chairs. I also got the ottoman done. We'll get to the other chair & couch later. Her husband was surprised & pleased with the results. I was there 13 hours! Whew! But, we are working together & both of us are learning lots!

Today, Arthur will paint the garage floor. YEAH!!! Joe & I will dig holes & plant three trees in the back yard.

Off to the hardware store for gloves before digging the holes. Gotta keep these pretty hands soft. Yeah ... right. I'm just really a girl about it all & don't want blisters!

Other changes are in the works, but I'll keep that secret for now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment