Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's fall ... in more ways than one!

Fall came this week ~ cooler temps, cloudy skies & rain. But, summer came again yesterday & has decided to stick around another day or so. The sunshine, warm breeze & warmth are welcome!

Our old fence fell this week! YEAH!!! The new fence isn't done yet. I know it's been delayed bec. of the weather, but it's disappointing that the weekend came & it's not done. I'm hoping it'll be complete by the end of tomorrow. An actual privacy fence! A double gate to the back yard! We have been dreaming of this for years!!!

The boys' shower wall got smashed up a bit this week ~ on purpose. There has been a leak, so I tried to get it to the point where all the plumber had to do was come in & fix it. Yeah ... that didn't go as planned. With my tennis elbow, I didn't get it all smashed. But, using a crow bar & hammer was therapeutic! I found a different plumber than we've been using for a few years. Reasonable rates & good work. Besides fixing the shower problem, he took out the two old sinks (boys' & our bathrooms) & installed the new ones I've had for several months. Now I have to find someone to fix the hole in the wall!

It's all costing more than I had hoped. Phooey! I know that the Lord will provide every penny ~ & I'm grateful for my new job which will certainly help toward this! I'm praying it will all be done before Dave gets home from this round of travels.

Today, Dave & his dad are flying to Paris, France for a week with Dan & Terry in Normandy. I pray it will be a time of blessing for them all. I know Dave will be exhausted when he gets back ~ emotions, time change, jumping right back into work. So, I also pray the Lord will give him strength, endurance & good health for the weeks ahead.

1 comment: