Sunday, March 8, 2009

Marching along ...

Last night we had to "spring forward" ~ move to daylight savings time. I don't think it saves anything bec. I end up being tired for at least a week & take more naps than usual.

Dave has had to work late several nights this week ~ and all wkend. At least he's getting things done & will be on the road soon. AND, since the next job requires so much equipment, I've been hired to drive our rig to Dallas! That'll bring in some income for us. Dave asked if I'd drive to Phoenix for another job & even do graphics for that one. I might as well do graphics since I'll be down there anyway. So, I have a "job" until mid-April. Then we'll see what God says ~ remain available to the company or get a permanent part time job.

Friday was a fun day! Since we had our annual plumbing service to prevent backup in the basement, I had to stay out of the house for 6-8 hours. I decided to spend time at the mall. Since my favorite store was having a HUGE sale, I started shopping for Jean & Sheryl. It was a blast!!! The sales were so terrific that I got about $320 (retail) for Jean & paid less than $70 (including tax!!!) and $750 (retail) for Sheryl & paid less than $110 (including tax!!!). SCORE! I'll get everything boxed up & mailed out this week. I want to finish the socks I've been working on for Jean's costume ~ & I'm almost done with those.

Dad Hash has more malignant tumors, so Dave & his siblings have finally convinced the folks to go down to Houston for treatment. Since it's such a rare cancer, there may be research funds available. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them while Dave works the job in Dallas.

Tomorrow, Jean & I are going to start a new eating program. I'll be sure to report how it goes. It makes sense ~ it's the old mindset & patterns that will be difficult to break. And giving up my sweetened coffee creamer. But, I'm determined to do it! Doing it with Jean will help too.

Think I'll think about supper ...

1 comment:

  1. Deb! You live an amazing Proverbs 31 woman's life!so FULL of God's energy.. and the action--I feel it!

    Your challenge to start a new eating program will be a success!We always triumph in Messiah You CAN do all things through Messiah who strengthens (anoints) us.
    As God's women always have a head start--- because we do NOT eat the bread of idleness! [Proverbs 31:27, and Phil 4:13 [AMPLIFIED]

    ENERGIZED!in Him... on a Monday Morning!
    SHIRAH

    ReplyDelete